I’m a composer of music and origami from Davis, California. Currently I’m studying music composition at UC Davis, and studying voice & vocal pedagogy with Rebecca Plack, who teaches at SF Conservatory. I previously studied composition and jazz with Joseph Gilman and Art Lapierre at American River College.
Origami-wise, I’ve had a much less formal education. I learned partly from books, but mostly from the internet. I first got involved in the Origami Tessellations community on Flickr, then joined the Imagiro APA. During 2009 and the first half of 2010, I ran the Origami Weekly blog with Jared Needle and Jon Tucker. More recently I have been volunteering with OrigamiUSA, where I cofounded their online magazine, The Paper, with Jason Ku and Robert Lang.
- Pacific Coast Origami Convention. San Francisco, USA, 2009.
- 5th International Meeting of Origami Science, Mathematics, and Education. Singapore, 2010. Presented two papers; also participated in the Pacific Rim Origami event afterwards.
- Origami Colombia 15años. Cali, Colombia, 2011. Guest of Honor along with Christine Edison.
- East Bay Origami Convention. Berkeley, USA, 2011.
- East Bay Origami Convention. Berkeley, USA, 2012.